I haven’t written a specific post about this year in film, but have decided to collect my scattered thoughts on it here. I have contributed to various articles over at Audiences Everywhere for their Yearly Roundup:
- I wrote the segments on The Duke of Burgundy and The Look of Silence for our Staff Best Movies of 2015
- I wrote about The Apartment (1960) for Our Favourite First Time Watches in 2015.
- My choice for the Best TV Show of the Year was Better Call Saul; the full staff list is here
- I wrote about Tangerine, Ex Machina, and Sicario for the group post Best Heroes and Villains of 2015
- And I wrote about Oscar Isaac, our Star of 2015 alongside Alicia Vikander, tracking his recent career and what the future holds for him
I would recommend some more articles, but instead I might confine that to a different post, as there has been a lot of interesting film criticism I have read this year. I will link that here once it is written.
As for my favourite movies of 2015, you can find them here. This goes by 2015 releases (obviously), so there are four notable omissions that would have likely topped this list, as the films I saw at The Brighton Film Festival are due for release in 2016
Total Watches: 216
Seen For the First Time: 139
Visits to the Cinema: 49
Released In 2015: 37
Brighton Film Festival: 6
Non-Male Directed: 7
Non-White Directed: 10
And just for fun, I’ll give out some award-y type things too: Continue reading →